What does it mean to be a good neighbor? From Central Park to Broadway to Times Square, Walter the French Bulldog is on a mission of kindness in this hilarious dog adventure story from ABC's Good Morning America's Eva Pilgrim.
Walter's heart is full of kindness, but this little dog's efforts to help his neighbors don't go as planned. Journalist Eva Pilgrim's charming narrative and Jessica Gibson's vibrant illustrations make Walter Does His Best a wonderful way to introduce kids ages 4-8 to new adventures in kindness.
This beautiful jacketed hardcover:
- encourages children to look for opportunities to be kind
- appeals to kids' enjoyment of animals
- celebrates authors of color
- can be read aloud for story time or enjoyed as an independent read
- introduces kids to New York City landmarks in a fun, colorful way
- affirms that everyone makes mistakes!
Join Walter for a jaunt through Central Park, inside a Broadway theater, onto subway cars, through the Rockefeller Center gardens, and all the way to Coney Island as he tries his very, messy best to be a good dog--and learns that what matters most is the love you share with others every day.